OTC Safeguarding Policy Statement for Children, Young People & Adults
The Odyssey Trust Company aims 'to hold, manage, safeguard and develop the investment in the Odyssey Project for the benefit of all of the people of Northern Ireland'. Overseeing the management and day to day running of the SSE Arena, W5, Belfast Giants and the Car parks & external demise we are committed to the provision of a quality service that also promotes good practice which endeavours to protect children, young people and adults at risk from harm while they visit our premises.
We do this by:
- Ensuring our staff, volunteers and regular contractors have responsibility for providing a safe environment for children, young people and adults at risk.
- Providing appropriate training and supervision for staff and volunteers; including the appointment of designated officers within each of our business units.
- Ensuring staff/volunteers are appropriately selected and vetted and are made aware of the policy.
- Ensuring appropriate action is always taken in the event of an incident, in-line with best practice.
- Providing clear guidance and a code of behaviour to staff, volunteers and regular contracts to enable them to deal with:
- a safeguarding issue.
- how to deal generally with children, young people and adults.
- how to deal with a safeguarding complaint.
- Working in partnership with a range of stakeholders we will communicate concerns to the relevant authorities.
Concerns about safeguarding should be addressed to a member of staff who will take appropriate action.